1. Description for toner chip of Epson LP-S100
|Product Code||Color||Yield||Region||Compatible printer||PCB head|
2. What is toner chip of Epson LP-S100
Toner chips printer also called chip printers or smart chips. These are used by printers to monitor toner remaining, yields and toner coverage (usually is 5%).
Toner chip printer looks like a piece of plastic, on which include the copper foil, the IC … is mounted on top of each cartridge.
3. How toner chips work?
Toner chip printer is programmed to work as follows:
– Each chip is loaded into the limited number of printed pages, such as printer toner chip Epson LP-S100 loaded into limited number of printed pages are 1.5K
– Each one copy (photo, print, fax …), the value loaded in the toner chip automatic minus 1.
– When this value equal 0, the printer does not print anymore accompanying error messages: Toner low, Toner empty, toner cartridge end of life, toner life end, replace new cart, toner exhausted, … And the LEDs Status on the control panel of printer orange light on (red light on)
4. How to fix toner chips end of life?
When toner chip Epson LP-S100 life end then toner powder in toner cartridge also ending.
So, to fix it, you have 3 ways
– Replace toner cartridge Epson LP-S100. This is the best way but the price of new cartridge Epson LP-S100 is high.
– Toner refill Epson LP-S100 and replace toner chip Epson LP-S100. This ways is well not much cheaper.
– Toner refill Epson LP-S100 and reset toner chip Epson LP-S100 by chip resetter. Here, i used Unismart device to clear counter toner chip Epson LP-S100
5. Unismart devices – reset counter toner chip Epson LP-S100
Unismart is a toner chip resetter. Unismart can reset counter for so many toner chip of manufacturers: Samsung, Hp, Canon, Epson, OKI, Xerox, Dell, Lexmark … And then clear counter for chip
Unismart system is designed to offer a complete solution for writing, resetting, testing various chips with the combination of Unismart Box and Unismart chips. Unismart devices include: Unismart box, reset head, power adapter, Data wire(flat cable), flat writer.
Reset head is used for data transmission between Unismart Box and Unismart chips standard. There are 20 types of reset heads (can be more) designed according to different chip shape, which can be used for operation on all chip models that current Unismart system supports. Please choose the right test head in accordance with the PCB code.
6. How to reset toner chip Epson LP-S100 by Unismart devices
To reset toner chip Epson LP-S100 by Unismart devices, you perform the following steps
– Connect data wire to Unismart device
– At the other head, connect to PCB head corresponding with toner chip Epson LP-S100.
– Select the Unismart code on the Unismart devices
– Press the button on the test head
– Wait for moment, LCD monitors of Unismart box show on OK then reset toner chip of Epson LP-S100 processing is finished.